Saturday, December 18, 2010

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I knew all day today exactly what I wanted to do tonight.

I wanted to look at Christmas lights. While drinking Starbucks. And listening to Christmas music.

Victoria obliged to come with me, and after a homemade dinner of mushroom cream chicken over pasta (forgot to take a picture, sorry!), we set off.

First of all, let me say one thing. I really only go to Starbucks once or twice a week. But since it’s always before work, the morning crew knows me. (Which I LOVE. But that’s for another post.) Anyway, Victoria and I walked in and were greeted by Cesar, one of my morning guys. I don’t know if Victoria was more impressed or concerned by the fact that he knew me by name… Laughing out loudLet’s just say the stop at Starbucks ended in 2 cds, a dvd, 2 drinks, and 2 $5 gift cards, for a grand total of $10. Thank you feminine wiles and Cesar’s devil-may-care sales philosophy.

I had a White Hot Chocolate (read: hot chocolate made with white chocolate as opposed to regular), which was, as Cesar’s recommendation predicted, the bomb.com.

After that, we piled into my Jeep and headed off for Highland Village (read: rich part of town) to look at Christmas lights, with Charlie Brown playing on the radio. It was so beautiful and so fun, and Victoria and I chatted away about Europe, boys, and life. (I love all of those things.)

IMG_1513[1]

IMG_1515[1]

IMG_1516[1]

These photos don’t even begin to cover it. But the piece de resistance of  the night was a house I remembered visiting last year. We found our way back, and it was totally worth the hunt!

IMG_1519[1]

IMG_1528[1]IMG_1525[1]

This house was so over the top, they even had music playing so that you could roll down your window and enjoy. Those boxes over Victoria’s shoulder are working jack in the boxes. The Christmas tree spun slowly. It was off the charts Christmas-y.

After about 2 hours of driving around we headed home full of Christmas cheer. Huzzah!

Have something you adore? Leave a comment below or email it to adoretoday at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment