Thursday, December 9, 2010

Apple Pie Tout De Suite

Craving. Sweets.
I had an early dinner and by 8:00 I needed a sugar fix. Our house was devoid of any instant gratification, and after rummaging around in the fridge and cabinet, all I produced was an apple. A honeycrisp apple, which I love, but not at all the caliber of sweets I was looking for.
I sliced it and sautéed it with some pumpkin pie spice, bit of brown sugar, and just a touch of water in the bottom in the bottom of the pot to get things working.
I rummaged some more and realized that I had a pie crust in the fridge left over from Thanksgiving. Bing bang boom, pie crust in dish, apple in pie crust, fold over, 30 minutes in oven. (I also did an egg wash and sprinkled some turbinado sugar on top.)
Final product?
IMG_1459[1]
Yum. While it was baking Deb asked if I was planning on grabbing 2 spoons, and remembered that Sarah still had some cinnamon ice cream in the freezer (eternal perks of living with a chef ). Perfect combo.
IMG_1460[1]
It was warm and sweet and definitely satisfied my sweet tooth. Super easy, super yum.
Have something you adore? Leave a comment below, or email it to adoretoday at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment