Monday, November 29, 2010

Ode To Books



Ah, my friends. 


When I was facing the task of deciding my major in college, I was terrified of the idea of majoring in English Literature. It seemed so daunting and brainy. But looking back now, I realize it was meant to be. I grew up in a home full of readers- my dad, who reads the encyclopedia for fun, and my mom, who to this day can't enjoy a good tv show unless she's reading a book at the same time. 


My love of books has taken me lots of places. As you know, I have a problem with not wanting to finish books. At this moment, I have 12 books sitting on my nightstand. Most of them are about 3/4 finished and then set aside so that the end never has to come. The possibilities still exist.


When the girls and I moved in together this summer, we christened our back room the Library- it's so fun to have a library in your house. My class library has grown into quite a collection, and I can't help but keep adding to it, even though I have more than enough books. 
I'm also a huge fan of public libraries. My favorite thing about public libraries is borrowing audio books. ( P.S.- Have you seen these yet? They're awesome!) It's such a great way to pass the time while driving. I've passed many a road trip and countless rush hours listening to audio books. 

Children's and young adult literature is without a doubt my passion. Narnia, Peter Pan, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, the classics never go out of style. And they're so much more exciting than boring old grown up books. 

So tell me your favorite book. What do you love? What's your favorite genre? What book changed your life?

Have something you adore? Share it in the comments, or email adoretoday at gmail dot com.


No comments:

Post a Comment