Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just Call Me Jumbo Legs

One of my students’ vocab words last week was describe. On their vocab quiz Monday they were asked to describe their teacher. I was cracking up grading them today, so I thought I’d share a few of the many perspectives of me through the eyes of a 10 year old:

“She is a woman who is tall and has golden hair.”

Calling me a “woman” makes me feel so old. I do, however, love the “golden hair.” Very Lady of Shallott.

“She is pretty, and has brown hair, and earrings and is cool.”

I think it’s the earrings that give me my cool edge.

“She is tall, she has brown hair, green eyes, and is very pale.”

And now I’m a giant vampire.

“She is very tall and she has blonde hair and she has jumbo legs that are scury.”

Well, I’m not really sure what scury is, but hopefully it offsets having jumbo legs.

“My teacher is nice, funny, pretty, smart, tall, brown hair, long hair, not married, and is awesome.”

I think this one pretty much speaks for itself- I love the train of thought.

“My teacher has dirty blonde hair, and is tall. She has 5 ear piercings, and doesn’t wear glasses.”

Again, I’m learning that the number of ear piercings makes you exponentially cooler to ten year olds.

“She is very nice and the best teacher ever!!!”

And that, folks, is why I do what I do. ;)


Have something you adore? Share it in the comments, or email adoretoday at gmail dot com.



No comments:

Post a Comment