Sunday, November 21, 2010

Camping Kick Off

After staying up ‘til 3 in the morning watching HP7 and getting 3 hours of sleep for the last day at work before Thanksgiving break (read: the kids were crazy and I was exhausted!), what do you do next?


Go camping, of course!



















I dashed home and packed up my stuff and headed out to be one with nature for the weekend.

I LOVE camping and really don’t do enough of it. I usually only end up going about once a year. I’ve had this trip planned for several months now and couldn’t wait. The timing was perfect because I have all next week off (yay!) so it doesn’t feel like I’m giving up a weekend when I have time to do laundry, go grocery shopping and do all the weekend-y stuff all week long.

The weather was also perfect. 45 at night, which makes campfires pleasant and warm sleeping bags and extra wool sock seem like the best things in the world. And 70 during the day, beautiful, relaxing, cool for hiking and warm enough to not need a fire during the day.






















































We hiked about 3.5 miles. It was beautiful. I've had a hard time convincing myself not to run out and buy a DSLR lately, and walking in all the fall leaves and sunshine made me wish all the more that I had the ability to capture all that beauty. I did, however have a bit of fun playing with my pudding camera app on my iPhone. 
































Time with friends, books, campfires, nature, bananagrams and s’mores was just what I needed to jump start my Thanksgiving holiday. Bring on the next 8 days! (Just not too fast!)

Have something you adore? Share it in the comments, or email adoretoday at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment