Saturday, January 1, 2011

End of 2010

Well, somehow the last 2 days flew by. How did that happen?

On Thursday I drove home from SA. It took 4 hours on the way down and 5 1/2 to come back. (Boo traffic.) When traffic looked like this:

IMG_1905[1]IMG_1899[2]IMG_1906[1]

I stayed glass half full by doing this:

IMG_1883[1]IMG_1882[1]IMG_1884[1]

IMG_1885[1]IMG_1886[1]IMG_1881[1]

(notice my new scarf I got from Charming Charlie?) As you can tell… I was bored. I choose to think it was a desire for positivity, not narcissism, that lead to the mini car photo-shoot.

While I was driving I ate:

IMG_1890[1]

and

IMG_1891[1]

 

After the drive home I had meetings Thursday and Friday for church stuff, I did laundry (hurriedly) and played with some of my new toys from my shopping excursion.

IMG_1928[1]IMG_1926[1]

My new birds!

IMG_1923[1]IMG_1924[1]

Latte made with my bodum milk frother (love it!)

And I even found the book I was looking for that I saw on Allie’s blog last week! Yay! Now all I need is my camera!

IMG_1952[1]

I’m participating in Diana’s eat-in challenge in order to save money for my camera and kick off 2011 healthier, so I had my last supper (er…..lunch) at Pei Wei before my meeting Friday.

IMG_1948[1]IMG_1949[1]

And after my meeting I came home to get ready to celebrate New Year’s (or New Years?) with friends.

It started with Family Dinner at Rachel’s, Chorizo White Bean Kale Soup and homemade bread, and lots of good conversation. I know I say it a lot, but I am so blessed by these girls.

IMG_1956[1]IMG_1957[1]

And then we headed over to Kathryn and Victoria’s for the celebration! Victoria had her DSLR and let me play with it all night, so bring on the good photos now!

IMG_1812IMG_1875

IMG_1853

IMG_1835

Kathryn and I both have extensive Friends trivia knowledge, and though I always beat her at Friends Scene it, we both think she knows a bit more trivia and I have faster reflexes. So we did a trivia-off. Which totally reminded us of this episode! We each won a round, so I guess the champion will have to be determined another day.

We also somehow ended up taking pictures as super models, practicing our best smize.

IMG_1885

IMG_1887

We had a great time and rung in the new year right.

Hoping to have another post for you soon with all my New Year’s Resolutions (and I have a lot). Keep a look out for that!

 

2010 was an amazing year, and I’m looking forward to a lot of changes and a lot of excitement in 2011!  Happy New Year!

IMG_1884

 

Have something you adore? Email it to adoretoday at gmail dot com or leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment